Sudan CIASA Credit Registry
The CIASA credit registry in Sudan, was created in 2012 under the control of the Central Bank of Sudan. After the data had built up the over a period of 4 years a tender of leading International providers was made to select a company for developed of a credit bureau credit score model. Creditinfowon the tender for the development of the credit bureau score.
- The first step was to make a detailed questionnaire and study of the history of the credit bureau and any factors that could influence the data.
- Creditinfo made an in-depth investigation of the data quality.
- A review of each data item, how well it was populated, what data was stored in the system compared with best practice expectations.
- The data issues were discussed with the CIASA and issue understood.
- After exclusion of any incorrect data, a predictive scorecard was developed.
- An initial feasibility study revealed data issues and clarified the potential to develop a scorecard.
- The scorecard was developed and validated successfully, then implemented via the Creditinfo Decision Engine software (BEE).