CIASA Credit Registry
The CIASA credit registry in Sudan, was created in 2012 under the control of the Central Bank of Sudan. After the data had built up the over a period of 4 years a tender of leading International providers was made to select a company for developed of a credit bureau credit score model. Creditinfowon the tender for the development of the credit bureau score.
- The first step was to make a detailed questionnaire and study of the history of the credit bureau and any factors that could influence the data.
- Creditinfo made an in-depth investigation of the data quality.
- A review of each data item, how well it was populated, what data was stored in the system compared with best practice expectations.
- The data issues were discussed with the CIASA and issue understood.
- After exclusion of any incorrect data, a predictive scorecard was developed.
- An initial feasibility study revealed data issues and clarified the potential to develop a scorecard.
- The scorecard was developed and validated successfully, then implemented via the Creditinfo Decision Engine software (BEE).